Previous: Black Holes
- True of false: we feel a gravitational force of attraction
towards the Earth, but no electrical attraction because gravity
is in general a much stronger force.
- If the Earth were suddenly to shrink to half its radius, would
your weight increase, or decrease? By how much?
- Which has a greater escape velocity at the surface of the Earth
(neglecting air resistance), the space shuttle, or a tennis ball?
- Would a planet move faster in its orbit around the Sun near
its perihelion, or near its aphelian?
- True or false: in Einstein's theory of gravity, the space
around the Earth is curved, so that satellites travelling along parallel
paths can actually collide with each other.