Next: Electricity and Magnetism
Previous: Isolated systems become disordered
- What is the energy content, in Joules of a 300 Calorie chocolate bar?
- Which is colder, -273 oC, or -273oF?
- Which form of heat transfer uses the properties of fluids?
- Which form of heat transfer can take place in vacuum?
- True or false: A cup of coffee cannot spontaneously warm up
(rather than cool down) in a cold room because this process would violate
the first law of thermodynamics.
- Which of the three statements of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics can
be most easily understood in terms of heat engines?
- Which of the three statements of the 2nd Law can be most easily
understood in terms of statistics?
- True or false: the 2nd law provides Nature with an ``Arrow of Time''
and leads us to conclude that the laws of Physics are not invariant
under time reversal.