Up: Rotational Motion
Previous: Angular momentum
- If an object rotates through
radians, how many revolutions does
- What are two different possible choices or units for angular velocity?
- For the children on the teeter-totter in Figure5.2.1, if child
1 were double the weight of child 2, would the torque applied by child 1
about the fulcrum be greater or less than that of child 2? How much greater?
What would child 1 have to do to restore the balance of the teeter-totter?
- Which has a greater moment of inertia, a wooden ring of mass 500 kg, or a
solid wooden cylinder of the same mass and radius?
- Torque is the rotational analogue of force. What is the rotational
analogue of inertial mass?