Next: Rotational Motion
Up: Work and Energy
Previous: Symmetries and Conservation Laws
- How much work would you have to do to lift a 10 kg object through
a vertical distance of 2 m?
- By Newton's third law the object is also exerting a force on you
as you lift it. How much work does it do on you during this process?
- What power would be exerted if you did this in 2 seconds?
- True or false: kinetic energy is always conserved?
- True or false: momentum conservation is a direct consequence of
Newton's 2nd and 3rd laws of motion, so we don't expect it to be
true for systems that do not obey Newton's laws exactly.